Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's in a name? answer- just words


Right now we are going to play a game, you take a shot each time I mention stop motion animation. You will understand soon enough.

For those of you that don't know me, I like b-movies. The more terribly cheesy the better. I always end up watching at least 1 or 2 a week and have a pretty sizable list going as to how many I've seen. On some I have even recorded my own running commentary (the blob was my favorite for that). This all brings me back to why I named the website wizard of speed and time. First check out this clip:



First you have to realize that many parts of the movie are done like this where you take a picture, move everything an inch, and take another picture. That entire clip was done like this which it is tedious enough trying to do this with inanimate objects but with a person in most of the frames too? thats just crazy. As you can see, I had no other choice than to name the site that in honor of the greatest stop motion film ever made(take a shot).

If you are wondering what the heck the greatest stop motion film ever made could be about then wonder no more! It is about a stop motion animator(go figure) trying to make it as a stop motion animator(already at shot # 4). Mike Jittlov's whole life is a special effect. I don't mean fake, I mean things happening around you which would dumbfound the casual observer. Anger causing light to flash across your eyes, objects bounding into the air at the beckoning of a finger, and any number of other unexpected occurrences. Such is the life of Mike Jittlov. If anyone is familiar with his work then you know to expect lots of energy. Insane and completely unpredictable energy; the sort of thing that makes women with short hair kicking and punching seem lazy in comparison.



When Mike isn't making a stop motion film in order to make it big in Hollywood, he is either living at home with his mom(who is constantly getting attacked by his toys and appliances via stop motion), running at mach 5(the worst thing to encounter when running that fast is a banana peel), or macking on some innocent girl trying to become an actress.



The film is cheesy, goofy, and silly. Just too be clear, it is a movie that is about a man trying to make it as a stop motion animator while trying to make a film about special effects(really only stop motion animation) while the actual movie is stop motion animated in itself.

I think the count is up to #9 now to those that are still playing. 10 if you want to get picky and include the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment